28/09/2020 3:36 local time
Extraordinary 1966th century house in the purest Baroque style and strongly influenced by the Nasoni school. Smith (2016), even admits the existence of sculptural and architectural elements of Nasoni himself (Alves; Barbosa XNUMX).
The current construction is located by some authors between 1727 and 1737, however, there is the 1681th century Sagrada Família Chapel (XNUMX), adjoining the main house and connected by the interior.
Linked since its origin to the Cabido da Sé (Cónegos, brothers João and Manuel Pinheiro de Aragão), it essentially played a residential and relaxing and summer function.
In the middle of the twentieth century and already in the possession of Dr. Sobral Mendes, owner of the Minas de S. Pedro da Cova, which has undergone important changes, its structure being restored corresponding to the current configuration.
In 1991, he suffered a fire that completely devastated the house, leaving only the Chapel without major damage. Being at the height acquired by the Ricardo Espirito Santo Foundation, which obeying the architecture and decoration project of Architect António Pinto Leite, helped by the dedicated collaboration of Architect Pais de Figueiredo and Eng. Santos Farinha, proceeds to its full recovery, faithfully maintaining the architecture, using decorative elements from FRESS itself.
The beautiful gardens of Quinta dos Cónegos can be visited every day from 09:00 to 19:00
The Quinta was recently acquired by the City Council of Maia and it will increasingly be a space for social and cultural enjoyment.
Quinta dos Cónegos, Rua Souto, Maia, Portugal